Chateau de Vin Logo
0 ITEM(S)   VIEW CART
 LOGIN
Featured Items Shop Gifts Sale Items
 
  Chateau de Vin Website Navigation  
Search
  Bernheim Kentucky Straight Weat Whiskey  
 
Certified Kosher?: No
 
 

Since its launch in September 2005, Bernheim Kentucky Straight...
Read Full Description

 
     
 
SKU: 06728
Our Price: $39.99
 
     
 
Quantity:
 
 
 
     
     
 
     
  Full Description

Since its launch in September 2005, Bernheim Kentucky Straight Wheat Whiskey has quickly gained attention as the first wheat whiskey ever released on the U.S. market. Distilled by Heaven Hill, the makers of the Evan Williams and Elijah Craig brands, this small-batch liquor comes from a mash containing 51 percent winter wheat, making it different from its bourbon cousins, which contain at least 51 percent corn. Corn and malted barley make up the other 49 percent of Bernheim Original’s mash, which was distilled in January 2000 and aged for five years.

Heaven Hill befriends a new class of whiskey drinkers with this release, which has a noticeable absence of rye in its mash. The resulting whiskey is clean, with a lot less of the bite and bitter aroma that turns some people off from rye whiskeys. Sweet on the nose but less on the palate, this spirit has subtle aromas of oak, honey and wheat, which come out more if the whisky is cut rather than neat. On the palate, its flavors are refined but not as complex as some well-aged bourbons. The finish is warm

 
     
Our Price: $47.99
Our Price: $99.99
Our Price: $74.99
All photos are for illustration purposes only. Bottles and labels are subject to change without notice.
Copyright © 2017 Chateau de Vin. All Rights Reserved.
Site Credits: Keylex Internet Solutions  Now managed by Brooklynwebcenter.com